Amberley Neighbourhood Helpline
The Neighbourhood Helpline was originally set up in April 2020 in response to the Covid-19 Crisis and its current aim is to support and inform residents about information related to the crisis and related medical, financial or emotional support. NB click on any underlined text to go to the linked page
- Transport Secretary Grant Shapps confirms today's (20/9) announcement from the White House that from early November fully vaccinated UK travellers will be able to go to the US.
He goes on to say the UK will extend its policy of ending quarantine for fully vaccinated passengers to arrivals from more countries, including Canada and Japan, from 4 October.
- New system for international travel (18/9)
Eight countries will move from the red list on 22 September and the rules for international travel to England will change on 4 October 2021.
- new clearer travel system: red list and rest of world
- simpler, cheaper rules for fully vaccinated travellers coming from non-red list countries - fully vaccinated passengers will be able to replace day 2 PCR tests with cheaper lateral flow tests - from the end of October - and no longer need to take pre-departure tests (PDTs)
- 8 destinations removed from red list including Turkey and Pakistan
- government recognises full vaccinations from a further 17 countries and territories including Japan and Singapore
- INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL - Remember to look up both the rules for entering a foreign country and what you have to do on returning to England from the foreign country. Rules will differ by individual country and may change. Double check the govt guidance just before you travel.
- PCR Testing for Travel - see the Govt List of Private Providers of PCR Tests , however for a handy quick list see The Independent's 'PCR Test for Travel - The cheapest way to buy one' . Also see 'Covid Testing Network' for a further short list review of PCR testing for travel